Welcome to the first step to becoming an Evacuteer! We are so glad you will be joining us.
New Evacuteers are required to complete a training session prior to hurricane season.
Evacuteers are our valuable citizen volunteers who staff the evacuation operations during the event of a mandatory evacuation in New Orleans. You will train in-person at the Rosa F. Keller Library, in the Broadmoor neighborhood. Here, we will explain the City Assisted Evacuation (CAE) and the roles Evacuteers have during a mandatory evacuation.
Topics discussed include:
- Evacuee flow during the CAE
- Evacuteer roles at Evacuspots
- Evacuteer roles at the Union Passenger Terminal
- Evacuteer roles at the NOLA 311 Call Center
- Evacuteer roles during re-entry into the city
- Introduction to Specialized Training
Specialized training is available to Evacuteers who wish to participate in other roles during an activaiton, including: 311 Specialist, Logistics, and Leadership.
Please complete the brief registration form - registration link.