Community Partner Program
Our community partners are absolutely critical to reach our goal of training at least 500 Evacuteers each year! We build these partnerships with the intent of strengthening our city's resilience, diversifying our volunteer numbers, and amplifying our message of disaster preparedness. It's a win-win for everyone involved!
In order to enroll as an Evacuteer Community Partner, your organization must:
- Have an interest in serving our target population, New Orleans residents who may not be able to safely evacuate themselves during a mandatory evacuation
- Be a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, with proven documentation
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that describes your commitment to help communicate and assemble the Evacuteers trained through your organization during a mandatory evacuation
- Ensure your organization's Continuity of Operations Plan allows for Evacuteer-trained staff and volunteers to be released to serve their 7-hour shift with us
- Coordinate at least one staff training each year, before peak hurricane season (August 15)
- Contribute at least one organization member to our leadership team and a minimum of (5) staff or volunteers to be trained as Evacuteers each year
Our community partners will receive:
- Hurricane preparedness training for their staff and volunteers
- Continuity of Operations Program planning assistance, with workshops offered each spring
- Quarterly parties and volunteer appreciation events
Please fill out the form below for more information about partnering with us!
Evacuteer.org Community Partners include: