Evacuteers serve as the volunteers to assist the evacuation operations before a storm and during the event of a mandatory evacuation. You will train in-person at the Norman Mayer Library at 3001 Gentilly Blvd. Your training will be hosted by an Evacuteer Training Coordinator.
Trainers from Evacuteer.org will explain City Assisted Evacuation (CAE) and what roles Evacuteers will have during a mandatory evacuation. Topics discussed include:
- Evacuee flow during the CAE
- Evacuteer roles at Evacuspots
- Evacuteer roles at the Union Passenger Terminal
- Evacuteer roles at the NOLA 311 Call Center
- Evacuteer roles during re-entry into the city
- Introduction to Specialized Training
New Evacuteers are required to complete a training session at the beginning of the hurricane season.
Specialized training is available to Evacuteers who wish to participate in other roles during an activation, including: 311 Specialist, Logistics, and Leadership.