Details: Evacuteers are neighbors helping neighbors. Each year for hurricane season, we work to empower the community to train with us so that if we are activated, our volunteers are ready to help people register at their local Evacuspots and at the bus station for processing.
Topics discussed at the training include:
- Evacuee flow during the CAE
- Registration at the Evacuspots
- Evacuteer roles at the Union Passenger Terminal
- Evacuteer roles at the NOLA 311 Call Center
- Evacuteer roles during re-entry into the city
Our Evacuteers are asked to serve (1) 7-hour shift, and you'll be finished by the time contraflow opens!
Contact Kali Roy at email@example.com if you would like to attend.